Around 8:15 am I headed over to the Effie Yeaw preserve again for a media / communications committee meeting there. I didn’t know how long it would last, so I took some fruit along with me. It was about 70° when I got there, but it went up to 102° today. Pleh!
Before the meeting, I walked around the nature center building and got to see a Nuttall’s Woodpecker, a Desert Cottontail rabbit, the mama and fawn that we saw yesterday, and a couple of squirrels, including a California Ground Squirrel who was inside a pile of blackberry vines. I was able to get a few photos, but not as many as I would’ve liked.
On the positive side: I didn’t need the food I’d brought along with me and was pleased that the meeting was a relatively quick and productive one.
- California Ground Squirrel, Otospermophilus beecheyi
- Columbian Black-Tailed Deer, Mule deer, Odocoileus hemionus columbianus
- Desert Cottontail Rabbit, Sylvilagus audubonii
- Eastern Fox Squirrel, Sciurus niger
- Nuttall’s Woodpecker, Picoides nuttallii
You must be logged in to post a comment.