Tucked in near a golf course and close to a vernal pool area, this 1600 acre park boasts a picnic and playground area as well as a “rough” area and large pond that attract wildlife.
- Easy to Locate? Yes
- Pet Friendly? Yes. Dogs MUST be on a leash.
- Easy to Walk? Yes, for the most part.
- Is there a Fee? Yes. Pay at the kiosk in the parking lot area.
- Are there Restrooms? Yes.
- Is there Accessible Parking? Yes.
- Other Notes: The “lake” is supposed to be good for bass fishing, and is rugged enough to support quite a few different kinds of waterfowl including Pied-Billed Grebes and Common Gallinules. There is also a resident flock of Mute Swans that live here.
How to Get to the Park
Take Highway 50 East to the Zinfandel offramp (Exit 17)
Stay on Zinfandel just past Douglas Road.
The park will be on your left.
Pull into the parking lot and pay the day use fee at the kiosk.
4111 Old Eagle’s Nest Road, Mather, CA 95655
For more information: (916) 875-6961
See their website: https://regionalparks.saccounty.net/Pages/default.aspx